During this 4-hour, class we will demonstrate that ANYONE can provide simple yet affective Trauma Care during an Active Shooter Incident.
4 Hour Bleeding Control Basics & Active Threat Management Program
Upon Course Completion, Students Will Leave With:
- Bleeding Control Certificate from American College of Surgeons
- SWAT-T Tourniquet (Optional)
At the end of this course you will not get a certificate of Attendance rather you will ge a certificate of completion. This certificate of completion for the B-Con (Bleeding Control Basics) course is the same for both the National Association of Emergency Technicians (NAEMT) and the American College of Surgeons (ACS) sponsored courses.
Morning and Afternoon class is available
Seats are limited…
The course is designed for NON tactical law enforcement officers, firefighters, security personnel, teachers and other civilians including teachers, parents, and anyone else requiring this basic training.
The focus of this training is on recognition of life-threatening bleeding with appropriate medical treatment.
This training will show you the actions that you can take to help save a life before professional rescuers arrive.
The information in this course has been adapted from the following courses:
- U.S. military Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course
- Committee on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care Guidelines
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) course
It is cosponsored by the American College of Surgeons—Committee on Trauma.
- Explain why it is important to use at tourniquet to control life-threatening bleeding from an arm or leg.
- Demonstrate how to apply a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
- Demonstrate how to “pack a wound” and apply pressure to control bleeding.
- Explain why it is important to identify injuries to the chest and abdomen.
- Explain the need for victims with these injuries to be transported immediately to an appropriate hospital.
Class may be cancelled and refunds issued if a minimum of 25 students per class is not metB